Since spring is already here and many birds are coming back, we should all check out to see if our bird feeders are ready and clean. Feeding hummingbirds is a great passion for many people, since is very pleasant and not expensive.
In order to make hummingbird food you will need these ingredients:
• cane sugar
Here is how to make some delicious hummingbird food or nectar:
• In a pan mix 1 part sugar with 4 parts water.
• Bring this mix to a boil in order to kill any bacteria.
• Remove from the heat and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
• Let is cool before pouring into bird feeders.
• You can make larger batches that you can store in your refrigerator.
A very important tip is to always keep the bird feeders clean and the nectar fresh because any mold or bacteria can harm and even kill the hummingbirds. Also try to place the feeders in the shade, so that the nectar stays fresh for a longer period of time.
Would you like to start a feeder for the hummingbirds? Here are the things that you will need that you can easily purchase from Amazon.com: